Sunday, January 21, 2007

AS TIME GOES BY

In the past few years, our high school class has renewed old friendships with several reunions and mini reunions. My husband, being from a different school, is always amazed at how close we were and still are.
I have found these reunions so much fun and much too short. Totally enjoyable and very appreciative. I laughed until my jaws hurt and cried until my eyes are red.
My stomach is sore the next day from all the belly laughs. My feet hurt after some attempts of dancing at some of these reunions. Each and every ailment is totally worth it all.
I have gotten to reconnect with several of my past Girl Scouts, some of the most precious memories of my life, and some of my lake buddies and camping out in the front yard buddies for my yearly birthday.
This year we are trying for a long distant reunion and I hope each and every one can make it. Life goes by so fast that we should take this time for enjoyment. We have worked hard and we deserve it. Even if they can only make it for a few days, it is welcome.
I am waiting to get to sit down and enjoy a nice conversation with these important people that I didn't get to enjoy at these past reunions. Time does go by fast and it is so hard to visit with them all.
It is never to late to reconnect with those that made such a profound difference in our lives.
We all knew each others families, and have gone through some of their trials and tribulations with them. We were very lucky indeed.
So, if you are reading this and you went to another school, maybe it is time to reconnect with your classmates also. You will be so rewarded.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GoldenGirl, Very Nice Read !

It seems as if some of us really never lost that "connection".
For others of us - the reconnects have been just like we have started back where we left off 40 years ago - if that makes any sense...
Profound... That is a good word for it.

Monday, January 22, 2007 4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Flygirl said...

YOU ARE OUR GOLDEN GIRL!

Wonderful post that salutes the Vandy Kids of '65. I've got 40 years to make up, but making every mini that I can!

So many VK's and so little time!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:21:00 AM  
Blogger Flygirl said...

YOU ARE OUR GOLDEN GIRL!

Wonderful post that salutes the Vandy Kids of '65. I've got 40 years to make up, but making every mini that I can!

So many VK's and so little time!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home