Sunday, February 06, 2011

A Sad Week

I haven't been on here for 2 1/2 years, due to a very sad event in our families lives. It affected so many people and was so wrong on so many levels. We are beginning to get our lives back and I will most likely address it again, later.



I have been promising a class mate that I would start writing again, but said it would most likely be things off the wall and from the top of my head. But before I start, I want to acknowledge some losses this past week. One dear friend lost two precious aunts this past week. My own very special aunt was taken suddenly, this leaves a hole that will never be filled. She loved me unconditionally and like a mother should, even thought she had seven sons to fill her days. She always had time for me. I used to spend as much time as possible eat her house while growing up. My cousins were the best. I had fun from the minute I got there. Those memories will always be with me.



Then today we get word that a another classmate lost her mother. No matter how prepared we think we are, it hurts. We know time is creeping up on us and that this will happen more and more often, but it doesn't lessen the pain. My heart goes out to all that lost a dear one. Bless you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greybeard said...

First, welcome back!

Secondly, I couldn't agree more about knowing it's gonna happen, but being unable to truly prepare for the loss of a loved one.
I think part of it is that "totally" preparing would be too much for us to accept...
No one wants to be that certain.

Be well GH. I am sorry for your loss, but do try to remember the wonderful times you shared.
No one can take the memories away.

And... I'm glad you can now look forward to better times with your immediate family.

Monday, February 07, 2011 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger the golden horse said...

Thanks GB, It's been a tough week for sure.
When I think of us in our 60's it still catches me off guard and I think, no, that's my parents age. Age sneaks up on us faster each year. I think of us at our children's age.

I am going to try and make some regular entries here of thoughts off the top of my head.

Monday, February 07, 2011 1:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home