Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Marley Moment

Well, the Olympics are over and I can join the human race again. I am always plugged into them as they are refreshing to me and I enjoy the human interest stories that go with the games.

But tonight, One stood out over and above the others. Tom Brokaw did a wonderful job on the story of the World War 2 Buffalo Soldiers. They were stationed in Italy at the time and charged a hill against the Nazis and saved a town outside of Torino.
Many years later, 1996 actually, the hero was given his medal and reunited with the people he had saved in Italy, including a smallboy that saw it all. They were the only heros to Italy, the Buffalo Soldiers.

Not a dry tear in my house tonight on that one.

I hope you got to enjoy it also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home