Tuesday, March 28, 2006

IT'S OFFICIAL--I NOW HAVE GILLS

As I got up this morning and looked down, I saw webbing between the toes and I had this urgent craving for some corn.
It has rained here for 7 weeks with only one sunny day. The locals say, this is the worse in 30-40 years. I believe them. Seattle doesn't have a thing on us.
They have issued a flash flood warning for a total of 125 times in 3 weeks. They had a man, on the news, counting the Talapia swimming in his garage the other night.
In one area 170 inches in 3 weeks.
We had one sunny day, a week ago Saturday, on the day I had planned my garage sale.
In huge letters we advertised RAIN OR SHINE, woke up that morning to blue skies and sun and all the people that were sick of being house bound came, and they came, and they came. We had to bring in help.
They were so happy to be out, that no one tried to bargain on the stuff. We could have sold 5 of most everything we had for sale.
On Sunday, you guessed it, woke up to rain, but we didn't care, we had made a killing on Saturday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flygirl said...

GH: I cannot believe you've had that much rain! I've got a fly friend who's on Kona this week for a few days on a lay over. Is it raining on all of the Islands like this?

Look on the bright side...no pun intended...you had a very successful sale. It was the "EVENT" of the season, I'm sure!

I wish you could ship us some of that rain. We've not seen any thing from the sky except sunshine for over 2 months! It is soooo dry down here. Everything in the yard is crunchy and kind of brown. Even the weeds won't grow much...and that's really saying something!

Watch out for the mud slides! I kind of like the idea of fishing in your garage...ha!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger the golden horse said...

GLUB GLUB...

Rain number 40 eleven dozen day.
But....Wait, they said on the news tonight Sun on Monday, Boy, they better be right on this one, or it is going to be like the movie weatherman here.
I sure hope they are right, as my hands and feet are all wrinkled now.
The fishing in the garage thing was hilarious.
Yes, it is raining on all the islands, and I am not sure that poor ole Kauai is still there, they have had so much.
This is not at all normal. But I sure wish I could send it to all the areas over there that are starving for water or having fires right now.
Oh Gosh, you are so right about our sale, it looked like 99% off day at Macys. We had a ball and have so much less to pack for the next move. Talk about clean closets and drawers.

Friday, March 31, 2006 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Flygirl said...

GH
If it doesn't stop soon, you'd better start building an ark. Remember, you don't have any other place to go to get away from all this rain. I hope you didn't sell your hammer & nails at your sale...
You guys will be marching two by two into your ark...animals and all! Good luck with a getting little dry weather next week. We're still dry as the Gobi Desert here, with no rain in sight! The tourists love it, but you know how I feel about them!!!

Don't forget your computer, if you have to "two by two" into your ark. We'll start calling you Blog-Sog, if the sun won't shine soon for you. Keep you chin up, literally...up high!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 3:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home